||Our kids and staff are incredible. The community truly values the school and the many roles we play. We are the center of activities for kids and families and pride ourselves on the coordination and partnering opportunities we provide.
||We are nestled in the heart of the Finger Lakes. Two culturally diverse town hubs of Ithaca and Geneva are within 25 miles. Nearby are several state parks and plenty of lake access. We are within only a few miles of several restaurants and wineries.
||Our staff is comprised of seasoned veterans and new and upcoming educators. We endeavor to pursue the latest and most innovative successes in education, student-centered education and 21st Century Skills.
||Our community provides great support to incoming staff. The close knit nature of our school and towns make belonging here easy. You will never be without the support and opportunity you need to flourish. There are plenty of things to do and great people.
Full Time Cleaner (2 Positions)
South Seneca is a close knit school community seeking a team member with energy, focus and attention to detail. We provide a professional and positive work environment. Join the South Seneca Team Today!!!!
We are currently accepting applications for 2nd shift Cleaners needed for educational facilities in the Ovid, NY area.
Regular shift hours are 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Summer hours are 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday, overtime available
This is full time, year round employment that offers benefits
Must meet minimum civil service requirement. To apply & receive an application, send your letter of interest, and resume by to: Shelley Reynolds, District Clerk, South Seneca District Office, 7263 Main Street, Ovid, NY 14521; or by Email to: email@example.com
- Use approved methods and materials in cleaning and caring for assigned facility
- Detailed cleaning and disinfection of restrooms top to bottom
- Dusting, vacuuming, sweeping and mopping
- Operate floor equipment such as; auto floor scrubbers and vacuums
- Empty trash receptacles
- General cleaning of furniture, windows, window sills, and walls
- Stocking restrooms, janitorial closets and break rooms
- Setting up for athletic events and practices
- Snow removal during winter months
- Benefits include:
- medical and dental insurances, sick days, personal days and holiday pay after 6 months
- Weekends and Major Holidays OFF
- Steady Hours, Second Shift
- Good paying cleaning position with opportunities for growth
- Friendly working Atmosphere
- Overtime available and optional
- Annual pay raises per contract
- 403b Must have reliable transportation and excellent attendance record.
You must have verifiable references and job history on your resume. Incomplete resumes without verifiable work history will not be considered.
Experience preferred but will train the right person.
Instructional Positions for 2018-2019
South Seneca School has anticipated instructional positions in the following areas commencing with the 2018-2019 school year.
- 186-Day Instructional Substitute (High School)
- certification as prescribed in NYS,
- successful experience working in the certification area,
- familiarity with NYS learning standards,
- creative and collaborative problem solver,
- positive, professional attitude and work ethic,
- excellent communication and organizational skills,
- ability to work well with all members of the school community,
Apply through OLAS Website (www.olasjobs.org/central) and attach cover letter, resume, and at least three current letters of recommendation
Substitute Nurses Needed (RN License required) $25.00 per hour
To apply & receive an application, send your letter of interest, and resume to: Shelley Reynolds, District Clerk, South Seneca District Office, 7263 Main Street, Ovid, NY 14521; or by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Substitute Teachers Needed To apply & receive an application, send your letter of interest, and resume to: Shelley Reynolds, District Clerk, South Seneca District Office, 7263 Main Street, Ovid, NY 14521; or by Email to: email@example.com
South Seneca Instructor/Administrator Application
(click here to obtain pdf of application)